Friday 4 September 2009

things i should never have bought!




I Should Never Have Bought!

A long while back I bought myself a Sony Ericsson walkman phone, the product on the whole I believed was good, it was a good looking phone and it was stylish aswell. All was well until a few weeks after my purchase when I noticed a fatal flaw in the design, the socket in which the phone charger end was inserted and also the headphone adapter was an absolutely atrocious design, the charger was held in place when charging by two small plastic bits, and the phone was charged by a few measly tiny metal prongs.
I found out from personal use that even with very little wear-n-tear eventually the plastic of the charger and headphone jack softens from being put in and pulled out all the time and the metal prongs wear out aswell so even if you eventually connect the charger most of the time it doesn’t work! Then if it doesn’t work like that you have to struggle to get into a really awkward position so that the prongs will connect and charge your phone!
I also know that I am not the only one suffering at the hands of the flawed Sony Ericsson phones lots of people I know always complain about it, things like the headphone jacks always break so they need to buy new ones.

Is it an honest flaw in the design or another way of getting people to buy more of their completely rubbish chargers and headphones?

No comments:

Post a Comment